Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Recessionomics - update 5. Recession, violence and the ugly stick




Ok I am not one of those alarmist 'run to the hill' guys, in fact I like living in the city. But life is fraught with violence that is why I train in Krav Maga and other 'reality' martial arts. How does a recession effect violence in society? Well of course muggings and theft occur more so when money is tight. But also the sad and unfortunate aspect of economic recessions is the increase of violence against women and children.

So rather than be hyper-vigilant against potential muggers and the like, which I think is counter productive, it is wise to be vigilant especially at home. Not to say you should arm yourself to the teeth, but maybe one of these (above picture) could come in handy (depending where you keep it). Produced by a company called Cold Steel, they manufacture knifes, batons and other defensive weapons. But the Brooklyn Crusher caught my eye, yes not only does it sound cool, looks cool too! Apparently almost indestructible, this baseball bat (somehow I doubt you will be playing baseball with this) is the perfect intruder repellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment