Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tumultonomics - (update 1) Australian goverment bans/then unbans Aliens v's Predator release for 2010. On the premise of economic pressures



You know I made a call on a gaming forum about the Australian government banning the soon to be released Alien's V's Predator game. My post indicted that the Australian government would lift the ban on the game due to the fact it's desperately trying to keep the Australian retail sector alive...and at all costs. So censorship on certain items would be lifted if demand is there and of course demand is there for PC/PS3/Xbox games. I mean if you read the decision (a copy of decision no longer exists), it was all but a done deal by the prudes at the office of classification; but as mentioned in a tumultuous economic time (hence Tumultonomics) sales would have shifted offshore namely to Amazon or CD universe, obviously this would have effected the local sales.

As of 18 December 2009 the ban was overturned.

Do I get a free game for making that call? No, but being a closet nerd (as opposed another sort of 'closet' type person) it just saves me, although Amazon and CD universe are excellent mail order services, ordering online - although I still might. So I am looking forward to getting this game.

Australian Office of Classification press releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment