Sunday, January 24, 2010

When all hell breaks loose you want a good watch


(note damage on outside minutes wheel, heavy impact and being dragged [me] on concrete, also note how date and day is completly outta fucking whack)

Ok one thing I have been noticing of late is military style watches or at least watches design by ex military guys and/or watches made for the military.

I like my wrist watches, recently I retired my Seiko divers (pictured above), this watch has an amazing history. It was given to me 23 years ago. In that period it has subsequently been dragged along half a meter of gravel (wrist under chest after falling off bike), it has witnessed (on my wrist) various violent situations, a car accident and a plethora of injures (included broken scaphoid on left wrist, maybe the watch helped in the break...) that I have sustained over the 23 year period (I played an lot of extreme sports in my 20's). At one stage the watch was pronounced lost to only reappear again.

It is one tuff bastard and still keeps good time but the date and day loses track sometimes.

The Seiko was my weekend watch, my day and formal watch is a Swiss made Oris. So I need a new weekend watch and I need a tuff one.

And viola! Below is my new weekend watch (Rogue Warrior) designed by an ex-navel seal guy by the name of Richard Marcinko. A more detailed review soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment